Discover the costs, complaints and questions about hair transplants
in this hair restoration center review before you go under the knife.
hair loss surgery is a drastic option to take. So, obviously you need
to do some very thorough research before you decide to let a hair
transplant surgeon anywhere near your scalp!
The following three pages will help you do that.
This page starts off by giving you ten very important questions: five you should ask yourself, and five you should ask each hair restoration center you’re thinking about using.
1. Have I already tried every other option available to me?
2. Am I absolutely sure my hair loss won’t get any worse than it already is?
3. Does my hair mean so much to me that I’m prepared to remortgage my house to pay for it?
4. Can I also afford to have multiple transplants if it becomes necessary?
5. How will I feel if the transplant doesn’t work?
If you answered "no" to any of the first four questions, then don’t get a transplant!
And you can also stop reading this page right now and start looking for better ways*¹ to tackle your hair loss.
If you answered "yes" to all of the first four questions, and you also know you can definitely handle it if your transplant fails (question 5) then you might be suitable for surgery. In which case, keep reading…
Patient suitability is a big factor and must be considered first. Your age, as well as the rate and region of your hair loss (i.e., how much skull expansion*² you have)
will determine whether or not you’re likely to get a cosmetically
acceptable and long-lasting result (remember, the results you get should
last for the rest of your life).
If you are a suitable candidate for transplant surgery, you should then start asking questions to each hair restoration center you approach…
Since a hair transplant is a minor form of surgery, its success is largely reliant upon the skill of the surgeon. So you need to make sure that any surgeon you consider is right at the top of his profession (for a decision as big as hair loss surgery, you should only settle for the best).
Unfortunately, there don’t appear to be any hair restoration center reviews that include "league tables" of the centers in each area and the surgeons that work there (a shame really because, that’s obviously something that would be very handy).
So, for each surgeon, you need to learn about their experience and success (i.e., the number of procedures they’ve completed and the number of satisfied customers). And you also need to know what type of transplant techniques they can perform.
In short, you need to ask the following five big questions to every hair restoration center you review:
1. Is transplant surgery the main focus of the center?
2. Can their surgeons perform long sessions (5 hours or more) using the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) technique?
Note: there are other techniques – the next page explains the different types of hair loss surgery, reveals which one is best, and why.
3. What are the qualifications and reputation of the surgeon who will perform the operation?
4. How many patients have had excellent results from the surgeon?
5. Can they provide several "before and after" photos from previous patients of each surgeon? And are these customers willing to speak (or even meet) with you?
The bottom line is: Only choose a surgeon who has years of experience and can prove it. Otherwise, you might end up very disappointed (see image below).
Thousands, or even tens of thousands!
And this is especially true if you get a top surgeon. It takes great skill to perform a hair transplant operation successfully, so a surgeon with a very good reputation might charge a lot more.
And there are a few "hidden" extras you should be aware of too:
Complaints about hair transplants usually occur because customer expectations are way too high.
This places great emphasis on the need to ask the surgeon exactly what results can be achieved in your particular case.
Hair transplants can't give you any more hair; they can only
redistribute the hair you've already got.
This is page 1 of 3.
Read next page? Discover the best hair transplant technique.
Like this page?